Planning Your Safari
It’s different in Micato’s Africa. Hospitality is a way of life here: travellers are welcomed like old friends and invited to dine in the home of founders Felix and Jane Pinto. Luxury takes on new meaning—we go beyond what’s expected of even the most luxurious safari outfitter.
Perhaps the best of what is included is what is difficult to quantify. The insights of your experienced Safari Director, for whom the bush is a home away from home. A talk with a Maasai elder, or a discussion with a descendant of an original settler. The pleasant, welcoming smiles of your Micato hosts—perhaps even dinner at the home of Micato’s founders, Felix and Jane Pinto. The thoughtful gifts in your room. The shared laughter around a ‘sundowner’ campfire.
In short, we think of everything. And if there’s something we haven’t thought of, we’ll do our best to make sure it’s taken care of for you.
Because we want to do more than just satisfy. We aim to amaze.
The Micato Difference
- All gratuities… yes, every last one!
- Guaranteed departures
- Pre-tour documentation with extensive travel information
- Travel amenities include safari duffle bag, bush hat, luggage tags, flashlight and more
- Immediate hotel check-in, no matter when you arrive
- Welcome kit in Africa with bird and wildlife checklists, postcards and more
- Superior leadership and field team
- Lunch or dinner at the private home of Felix and Jane Pinto in Nairobi, or lunch or dinner at private home of Micato hosts in Cape Town
- Special epicurean luncheon in South Africa’s winelands
- All meals, from start to completion
- Complimentary bottled water and soft drinks; often beer and wine as well
- Sundowner bush cocktails at twilight on the African plains
- Bush walks with expert naturalist guides
- All game park entrance fees
- On-site shopping and shipping assistance
- Personal concierge available at all times
- Flying Doctor’s emergency evacuation out of the bush in Kenya, Tanzania and select Southern Africa lodges
- Airport transfers for all travelers, at any time
- Three to seven time-saving intra-Africa flights per safari
- All porterage included at hotels, camps and airports
- Only the most deluxe hotels, lodges and camps selected for all programmes