Micato Musings

Greetings from Micato’s Africa!

The Pintos (from left): Dennis, Joy, Felix, Jane, Sasha, and Tristan

Hello Friends,

Travelling as always with children Sasha and Tristan in tow, we have touched down in Nairobi.

Our annual summer migration from New York City to Africa is officially underway. Following tradition, we will join the elder Pintos for a month-long, three-generation safari, exploring all the delightful corners of Kenya and Rwanda.

Over the coming weeks we invite you to visit this blog, where we’ll post highlights and discoveries from our travels, including photos of magnificent vistas and creatures that never fail to take our breath away, no matter how often we visit.

We sincerely hope you enjoy these dispatches from Micato’s Africa.

With warm regards,

Dennis and Joy Pinto

P.S. If you have not yet subscribed to this blog and would like to receive e-mail notifications when new dispatches are posted, fill out the subscription box in the upper right corner of your screen, or click here to subscribe.

30 Responses to “Greetings from Micato’s Africa!”

1. Blair Schupp says:

Thanks for the invite — I have subscribed and look forward to the various editions coming my way.

Kudos to Joy for maintaining your Super-Model good-looks!

All the best,

Blair

2. Jackie Swan says:

Very interested.
    Africa is being requested more each year.

3. John Mischlich says:

Always enjoy hearing from you and Micato. Would love to go back again, but age/health is beginning to creep up on me.
    We are always in touch with out Kenyans we sponsored and who are now US citizens!

4. Carol Bloomfield says:

Thank you for visiting our office. It was really appreciated and very informative. I look forward to your dispatches.
    best regards

Carol B

5. DJ Johnson says:

Looking forward to hearing from you

6. Gabriele says:

Waiting for incredible pictures!

7. Cris Cavallaro says:

Love to see the pix.

8. Claudia Van Nort says:

ah… you fortunate ones!
    I seat in my Newport Beach office typing honeymoon suggestions for a bride & groom who wish to go on Safari
    and the winelands in South Afrika.
    I of course suggest only the best-and say nothing but wonderful things of Micato –
    Price point ok – so we hope to book soon.
    Carry on and DO continue to share the beauty of Afrika-
    Claudia Van Nort
    Sr. Travel Consultant
    Luxury Journeys

9. Gary Ritzman & Theresa Drouillard says:

We would enjoy receiving dispatches from Micato’s Africa. We very much enjoyed our time in Kenya and Tanzania. Also Kennedy was the best. Very attentive, his expertise and that of all the the drivers was very impressive and appreciated.

10. Brad warner says:

We are looking forward to your posts. My wife and I are traveling to Kenya and Tanzania with your company in August. We will follow your trip with great interest.

Regards

Brad

11. Tondra McGinn says:

I see you are planning to go to Rwanda. I hope you are planning to doing a gorilla tracking? The trip Chuck and I took last summer with Micato was so beautiful. I remember, I think that you had not been on a gorilla tracking? Wonderful travels, thank you for sharing your trip.

12. janet stander says:

Looking forward to reading abut your travels.

13. eleanor galluzzo says:

Looking forward to following you on safari, how lucky the Pinto Family is. Have Fun

14. Cathy Brooks-Oliver says:

Hello my friends,

I am looking forward to following your blog! Although I have booked clients with you I haven’t had the opportunity to join you yet so this will be the next best thing to being there.

Warm regards,

Cathy

15. Bruce Schiemo says:

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures…..travel safe

16. James and Barbara King says:

Barbara and I very much enjoyed our Micato safari to Kenya and Tanzania and would like to do another somewhere in Africa. We look forward to further communications via the blog.

17. Jeannette Kyled says:

Can’t wait to hear about your safari. Having just been in January
    of this year, it will be like revisiting again. Absolutely loved it.

18. Jeanella bruton says:

Have a great month long trip.

19. Sandy Tilsen says:

Looking forward in seeing your adventures.

20. Joyce Mason says:

Lucky Duckies! Oh how I will enjoy your blogs! Met your Mom and Auntie when we were there last Oct. Never in my life was I overwhelmed with the beauty, animals, and our experiences with our guides ! I can’t wait to go with you! God bless a swath over you all! Here we go!!! Joyce

21. lucia gumaer says:

Have a wonderful month – only wish we were with you all!

22. Bobbi Carlson says:

Looking forward to following your adventure!

23. Linda Staton says:

It is delightful to know I will be receiving posts from the Pinto family! I feel there is a part of me I left behind as I returned to Hawaii from Africa. My time there was life changing.

Aloha

Linda

24. dianne fayette says:

I was so fortunate to fulfill a life long dream of an African Safari this past Feb 23rd -Mar 8th with Micato. Jane and Felix were wonderful as were all the guides,drivers and staff.I hope to return some day soon. It was so memorable as I’m sure you know. I’m looking forward to your blogs.It will bring back so many great memories.Thank you for including all of us. Dianne Fayette

25. Myrna Oken says:

I so look forward to traveling with you (in abstentia)…I will live vicariously through your travels…and then have the opportunity to impart your exciting journey to my clients…. hoping this results in bookings. Travel Safe my friends and know we here at home will keep the fires burning for you with eager anticipation of your next update. Warm wishes to the elder Pinto’s. Warmly, Myrna

26. nicolas craig says:

i had the best time of my life to africa

27. GEETIE COHEN says:

MAY BE IT’LL BE ALMOST LIKE BEING THERE AGAIN. IT IS STILL MY MOST MEMORABLE TRIP.

28. Karla Linn Merrifield says:

Congratulations, Micato, on your new blog! It will be a safari in words and pictures to follow the news out of Africa. Our safari with you still ranks as our #1 trip of all time!

29. Honey Moss says:

What fun I’m having on your vacation !!! Looking forward to the next blog !!

30. Carole Scutt says:

Oh how I miss my trips to Africa….at last count there were 23 times and among the best were with Micato. Your pictures and comments bring it all back but I am limited
    now due to health issues. It breaks my heart as Africa changed my life!!!
    Carole Scutt a/k/a mama Safari by many