Eat. Pray. Fall in Love with Micato Safaris' Inspirational India Tour
NEW YORK, NY (July 21, 2010) – For centuries, spiritual seekers have traveled to India’s holy sites and ashrams in search of enlightenment. This summer’s August 13 release of “Eat. Pray. Love,” the movie version of Elizabeth Gilbert’s bestselling novel starring Julia Roberts, will undoubtedly inspire even more people to discover India for themselves. For those wishing to visit India for the first time (or the fifth!) Micato Safaris’ Inspirational India Tour offers expertly guided, behind-the-scenes sightseeing at some of the country’s most sacred sites and provides luxurious relaxation in majestic locales that will encourage reflection. Guests will enjoy Ayurvedic spa treatments, sessions with master yogis and consultations with gemologists and astrologers, while all along the way being treated to the first-class service for which Micato is renowned.
The 18-day tour of Delhi, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur and Haridwar includes a variety of exceptional amenities and experiences:
· Club-level accommodations and a lavish welcome dinner at the luxurious Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi. Tours of holy sites such as Jama Masjid, India’s oldest mosque.
· A private session with a Reiki master to help banish residual stress and anxiety from the long flight to India.
· In Varanasi, accommodations at the newly opened Taj Nadesar Palace. Enjoy a session of Pranayama, a yogic technique to control the intake and outflow of breath to expand vital energy and create balance, and Ayurvedic spa treatments at Nadesar’s Jiva Spa.
· A boat ride along the River Ganges to experience the overwhelming sights and sounds of the evening Aarti Ceremony, the daily prayers that serve as salutation to the river, as well as a sunrise ride to view the many devotees of the River taking their ritual morning baths.
· A private session with an astrologer who will map guests’ astrological chart and reveal their destinies as written in the stars.
· In Khajuraho, explore the more than 25 intricately carved Hindu temples.
· A sunset visit to the breathtaking Taj Mahal in Agra; premier balcony room accommodations at the Oberoi Amarvilas.
· In Jaipur, guests will be treated like royalty at the stunning Taj Rambagh Palace. They will enjoy spa treatments and yoga at the Palace’s luxurious spa, as well as a private meeting with the Palace’s on-staff “gem doctor”, who will teach guests about the healing properties of gemstones to help them find balance, health and energy through the right combination of stones.
· In Udaipur, guests will stay at the heavenly Devigarh Fort Palace, where they will explore the village and surrounding Aravali Hills on camel back, take a boat ride on serene Lake Pichola, and enjoy sunrise yoga sessions on the ramparts of the palace.
· The trip culminates with a two-night stay at the world renowned Ananda resort and spa. Here, among the majestic Himalayas, guests can participate in Vedanta (Knowledge) Classes, where they will learn ancient Eternal Principles of life and living. Lectures are led by senior disciples of Swami Parthasarthy, internationally acclaimed Vedanta expert. Guests can also partake in some of the more than 79 Ayurvedic and western-inspired spa treatments at the spa’s 24,000-foot facility, practice yoga with master yogis, and enjoy guided nature walks on the resort grounds.
Micato's Inspirational India Tour includes a personal guide throughout, guided tours of historical sites and attractions in each city visited, all internal flights and ground transportation, meals, gratuities and the services of a 24-7 personal concierge. The tour starts at $19,795 per person, based on double occupancy (rate excludes international airfare). For more information, visit www.micato.com or call 1-800-Micato-1.
About Micato Safaris
Micato Safaris is a luxury safari operator—offering adventures in East Africa, Southern Africa and India—that’s been setting the industry standard for luxury and service for more than three decades. Travellers have recognized Micato’s unsurpassed service by naming the company the #1 World’s Best Tour Operator & Safari Outfitter” a record seven times in Travel + Leisure’s prestigious annual survey. For nearly a quarter century, Micato’s nonprofit arm, AmericaShare, has been supporting orphaned and vulnerable children and adults affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic. Micato furthered its philanthropic outreach in 2010 when the company introduced its revolutionary One for One Commitment, which places one impoverished child in school for every safari sold.